Those who have worked with me in the past will know how much of a fan I am of adding protein and unsaturated fat into every meal. Why? Because it makes our meals super satisfying, boosts our immune systems, and supports healthy "feel good" neuro-chemical production.
This salad is great for when almost nothing is in season - apart from carrots! You can add an extra antioxidant hit by grating some raw beetroot into the salad too.
Here it is...
• 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
• 1⁄4 cup raw walnuts
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 3 carrots (grated)
• 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
• Pinch of salt
• 1⁄4 cup sultanas
• 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
o 2 garlic cloves finely diced/ crushed
o Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
o Pinch salt
o 1 tsp cumin
o 1 Tbsp honey (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl combine coconut, walnuts, coconut oil, and ground coriander and mix.
3. Pour onto an oven tray and bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Make sure to watch closely as they can begin to burn quickly.
4. Grate carrots and put them into a large mixing bowl.
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl (including dressing) and mix gently.
Make sure to send me a pic and your feedback if you try it!