This is a beautiful slow cooker recipe that gives you another easy way to prepare pork. Its deliciously moist and juicy! Adjust the spices to suit your heat tolerance.
- 200g pork (scotch works best)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2- 1 tsp chilli
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp siracha
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion- diced
- 1x bag pre-prepared slaw (or make your own with sliced cabbage, grated carrots, and parsley/ coriander)
- Kumara/ pumpkin/ potato - mash OR brown rice goes well with this too.
- 2 Tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
Prep in the morning- place all pork ingredients in a slow cooker and add 1 cup water. Cook for 8-10 hrs on low heat.
Prepare slaw and dressing- stir the dressing through the slaw.
Boil brown rice OR the vegetables to mash.
To finish pork- using 2 forks, pull pork apart and fold back through the sauce.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with slaw, apple sauce, and your rice or mashed veges.